To fix mawarebytes wont’t open error, you need to use processes such as Rename the mbam.exe executable, try to Switch to a different user’s account, you can use Use Malwarebytes Chameleon. Launch Malwarebytes using safe mode, Reinstall the complete application and you need to Run malwarebytes as administrator.
Malwarebytes is antivirus software that finds and removes malware for Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android, etc. It offers a lot of protection features in all its security tools. Although some issues got in the report of users getting accessing and launching the tool because Malwarebytes can’t get opened for them.
To discuss the causes and fixes for the same, we have mentioned a lot of methods below. Go through the entire article and fix the issue for you. At the end of this, you will learn about what is Malwarebytes? Is Malwarebytes safe? Causes of why it’s not opening and fixes. Before reaching to the full details, i will explain everything in the right manner, so you can understand everything in the better ways.
Also Read: MyApron or Mythdhr Login
What is Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes, also known as Malwarebytes Anti-malware (MBAM), scans and removes malicious software from your computer. You can use both free and pay versions. The free version scan and remove malware when you start it manually whereas with the paid version you can schedule scans, block IP of malicious webs, auto scan the files, services, and programs that are currently running.
It scans in batches rather than doing it all together to reduce the chance of interference if any other antimalware software is running in your operating system.
Causes for Malwarebytes Won’t open
You may be thinking of why won’t Malwarebytes open. There are a lot of possible causes for this. These reasons can be random or something severe. You can check the reasonable purposes mentioned below and figure out what favors to your problem the most:
- There may be a possibility of Malwarebytes won’t open because of the presence of malware. If your computer gets infected with some virus, it can block mbam.exe from running or opening. To fix this, you can rename the mbam.exe file.
- A corrupted or faulty user account on a Windows operating system can prevent programs like Malwarebytes from running. To fix this, you can switch to a different user account.
Fixes for malwarebytes won’t open
I mentioned all the fixes in the start of the article, however it is time to understand all of them and fix your problems.
1#) Rename the mbam.exe executable
A lot of times, malicious files can block the launch or run of executables. In such a case, you can rename the file to fix this issue.
Check now: Fixes of Acmon’s Error
- Firstly, right-click on the Malwarebytes icon on the desktop or elsewhere and click on the option “open file location” to find out the tool’s installation folder.
- Now in the Malwarebytes installation folder, locate the mbam.exe executable file.
- Now right-click on it to choose the ‘rename’ option.
- Then rename the file with ‘explorer.exe.’ Make sure the text you rename it with should correspond to some core Windows process.
- Run the Malwarebytes to see if it is opening now.
- From the home screen of the tool, select the ‘scan’ option to scan for any virus.
- Now possibly Malwarebytes will start the updating process to update its virus database. Further, it will continue to scan. (This may take a little time).
- Once the scanning gets done, restart your computer and check if the problem Malwarebytes won’t open windows in 10/7 still exist.
2#) Switch to a different user’s account
Using a corrupt user’s account may cause Malwarebytes won’t open Windows 10. Here you can create a new user’s account to continue using everything. Follow the steps mentioned below for doing so:
- Firstly, open the run dialogue box by pressing WINDOWS+R altogether.
- Then in the new dialogue box type “cmd” and press ctrl + shift + enter entirely for admin command prompt.
- Now type Control Userpassword2 and then press ‘enter’ to navigate to the user’s account.
- Click on ‘add’ and follow the scripted instruction from the screen.
- While creating the account, make sure to choose sign in without a Microsoft account for creating a non-Microsoft account.
- In the next window, select the following -> local account. Fill the other required information such as name and password to process further.
- Once you have successfully created a new user account, go back to command prompt window and type’ shutdown -L’ to logout from your current account.
- Finally, log in to your newly created account and check if Malwarebytes login is running without any issue.
3#) Use Malwarebytes Chameleon
Follow the method explained below:
- Firstly, start with downloading Malwarebytes chameleon. Now select a location and unzip the program into the folder.
- Here open the SHM hello file and follow the scripted instructions on the screen.
You can try to open malicious bytes in safe mode if the Malwarebytes does not open even after the instructions on the screen. It is only essential to run the Malwarebytes antimalware once to scan the infected application in the background.
4#) Launch Malwarebytes using safe mode
There is a chance that Malwarebytes may launch in the safe mode. Once you find it running in safe mode, you can perform a scan to find out and remove any malicious files that are preventing it from opening the other way. For using it in safe mode, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the run dialogue box by pressing WINDOW+R altogether.
- Now type ‘MSConfig’ in the blank dialogue box and press OK.
- Select ‘boot’ in the next appeared screen.
- Now in the Boot tab, select safe mode.
- In the safe mode network, click OK and then press Restart when prompted to make a start in the safe mode.
Once you are in the safe mode, follow the next steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
- Perform a full system scan.
- Now restart your computer into normal mode and check whether the issue is solved or not.
5#) Reinstall Malwarebytes
Even if the Malwarebytes is not opening in safe mode, you can try to re-install the Malwarebytes software. This is one of the most reliable and most accessible methods you can try.
Make sure once you re-install the software from the official website only to eliminate any threat or corrupt possibilities. (We advise you to create a backup of your credentials if you have a licensed version of Malwarebytes. If you are using a free version then its anyway good to go).
Follow the steps given below to do the re-installation process:
- From the Windows, the bar opens the control panel.
- Now select ‘uninstall a program’ from the opened Window.
- Locate ‘Malwarebytes version XXXX,’ right-click on it and select ‘Uninstall.’
- Once the software is uninstalled, visit the official website and download ‘Malwarebytes Anti-malware software.’
- Install and run the program to scan your computer from any virus.
6#) Run as administrator
Without administration access, some third-party apps might not allow launching. To run the software as an administrator, follow the steps:
Also Read: What is ApsDaemon.exe
- Open the Malwarebytes file.
- Now locate mbam.exe, right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator.
- If it starts running, then you have found the solution to your problem.
For the permanent admin access follow the steps:
- While you locate mbam.exe, right-click -> properties ->compatibility -> Run this program as administrator -> Apply.
We hope after going through this article, you will find the root cause for Malwarebytes won’t open windows 7, 10 and many others. Once you find that, you can use any of the about fixes by following the simple mentioned steps. I hope you find the article helpful enough.