An error message is nothing to get panicky about but must be treated with caution. Running a computer exposes you to various errors naturally. Your system is loaded with applications and programs which in turn are run or operated by several files. One malfunctioning file can stop or cause the software to halt with an error message like the acmon.exe error’s.
While the first thoughts could be about removing the file causing the error, it may not be the best solution always.
An error can be caused due to many reasons and not all of the reasons hints towards a malware attack. It is important to first learn what is acmon.exe and the cause behind the acmon error before finding the fixes.
Removing the malware is the best solution but confirming whether the file in concern is infected or not is important before deleting it. Also, learning the effects of removing the file on your system is even more important, especially in the case of executable files.
What Is acmon.exe
Acmon.exe is a part of ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology which controls and manages the colors on the screen. It means that the executable file is responsible for an important function and deleting it may result in system malfunction.
Malware or Trojan infection makes your computer slow affecting its performance and in some cases may not even allow you to log in, which can be dangerous.
Malware infected files also consume CPU to a large extent which is unlikely to happen with original files. The best way to check this is by analyzing the task manager from time to time especially when your system starts to lag.
The task manager helps you keep an eye on all the applications that are being heavy on the CPU and affecting your computer’s performance.
If you find acmon.exe on the Task Manager draining your computer, instantly go to its properties and compare it with the information given in the table above. It will help you find out whether the acmon.exe acmon (32 bit) is a part of ASUS or a trojan.
All details regarding acmon exe file
|Name of the File||acmon.exe|
|Part of||ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology|
|Size||34.64 MB (max)|
Causes of acmon error
- Incomplete installation of the software ASUS splendid video enhancement technology
- Missing original file due to Trojan attack
- Compatibility issue faced by another interfering software
How To Fix acmon.exe Errors
Some of the best possible solutions to fix the acmon 32 bit are as follows. Keep trying until you successfully remove the error.
1) Uninstall the ASUS Splendid Utility
- Navigate to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Now under Programs, use your mouse pointer to click on Uninstall or Remove a Program.
- Now from the long list of programs, find and select USB Charge+
- Click on Uninstall or Remove.
- Then follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process of ASUS Splendid Utility.
2) Disk Cleanup
- Press Windows and R together on your system.
- after that on the space in front of Open type ‘cleanmgr’.
- Now press Enter on your keyboard.
- select the drive you want to clean from the drop-down menu and use your pointer to select OK.
- After that let the process complete and check for the error.
3) Update Drivers
Outdated drivers can cause functional issues. Faulty drivers face compatibility issues, which is why checking for updates using a driver booster can help you fix the acmon 32 bit error. But that is not the only reason why you should always keep your drivers updated.
Outdated drivers are at a bigger risk of getting attacked by a trojan, which is why keeping all the OS, software and applications installed on your system updated serves as a preventive measure and is always recommended.
4) SFC Scan
- Together press Windows and R key on your keyboard.
- In the space in front of open type ‘cmd’, then press Ctrl, Shift and Enter together to launch and run the command prompt with administrative rights.
- In the new command prompt window that opens up, type sfc/scannow and press enter to run the thorough scan of the system and fix the flaws immediately.
- Let the scan complete and check for the error again.
5) DISM Scan To fix acmon.exe
- DISM scan is another scan that can scan the system and resolve all issues by finding solutions using the network.
- Together press Windows and R on your keyboard to launch Run prompt on your system.
- On the space in front of Open, type cmd and press together control and shift along with the Enter key to launch open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Once the command prompt opens, type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.
- Press Enter and type again DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
- Follow it by pressing enter on your keyboard and wait for the scanning process to complete.
6) Try External repair Software to Fix
I mentioned lots of methods that you used with your system to Fixes of Acmon’s Error, however sometime your system does not able to execute operation and stuck with the error due to various effects or operations associated with the main application.
In such case, you require an additional external force or trouble shooter that can perform the strict operations and help you to get rid of the error. So, follow the upcoming instructions, if you want to fix acmon.exe errors automatically.
1) First download PC repair application to fix the following error using the advance operation and performance of this tool.
2) Now downloading will start and open its .exe file and complete the basic installation process.
3) To repair the error, you need to select acmon.exe file from the list of programs and press the button “repair”. All the processes will run automatically, you do not need to perform anything, It will fix the error in sometime. Restart your program after the finish of all the processes.
There is a high chance that ASUS splendid video enhancement technology will face compatibility issues if your computer is not from ASUS. Installation of reliable anti-virus software is highly recommended by experts which prove to be helpful not just in the case of acmon error but any other threat as well.
If your computer is already protected by one then chances are that the error is not caused by a malware infection. In that case, choose to uninstall the ASUS Splendid utility as the last resort after trying all other fixes listed above.